you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Anna and the French Kiss - Stephanie Perkins Ahh, what an enjoyable read! When I first saw this book here, I didn't think much of it; I usually don't read YA novels that are mainly focused on the romance. Yes, I put it in my to-be-read list, but it wasn't like I wanted to read it real bad. But then, I kept seeing reviews of it, saying how great it is and how it's not the usual chick-lit romance novels. So I decided that I'd give it a try and I bought. And I'm glad I did. I just regret not buying it before, because this book is so good! I must say though, it wasn't as amazing as everyone else said, but still very very good.

The first thing that really made me love this book was the setting. I mean it's Paris ! Although I have been to Paris once, it was still like discovering the city for the first time all over again. Perkins is a great author in my opinion, because of the way she describes things and places and everything else. It felt like I was visiting the city alongside with Anna and St. Clair and everyone else.

Speaking of characters, let's start out by Anna. She was such a likeable character! I mean yes, at first I was a little like "huh???" at the beginning when she kept saying how she didn't want to go study in Paris. Because I couldn't relate with that. I'd give anything to go study abroad. But anyways, the more I read the more I liked her. She's such a strong female character. She's funny and sweet and her life doesn't revolves around boys, she actually has interests and hobbies. Her interest for movies was something I really liked reading about. Sadly, while I did like her most of the time, she did get quite on my nerves during the last part of the book. I didn't like how she turned a little dramatic around the end, but hey I guess everyone has flaws.

Let's talk about St. Clair, shall we? The lovely, sweet, charming, funny, beautiful (do you guys want me to continue?) √Čtienne St. Clair. He was probably my favourite part of this book. He's so adorable and just so.... perfect. + he's got a British accent, what more do you want? Not only is he a great love interest, but he's also a great friend! I honestly can't think of anything negative to say about him.

Overall I think this book was such a joy to read. It gives you that warm, cozy feeling. I'd definitely keep this book in that cheer-you-up-when-you're-feeling-down list.