bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Armed & Dangerous - Abigail Roux Warning: spoilers ahead for Divide and Conquer and this book.

I was one of those who really wasn't nervous about how this book would turn out after we found out that it would only be Abigail Roux who would write the series from now on. I was confident that the rest of the series would still be as good as the previous books. And I was right; this book was phenomenal. It honestly was everything I was hoping for, and more. I loved it! The whole time I had the biggest grin on my face and it just wouldn't go away! The whole book just made me feel so happy and warm inside. What can I say? Zane and Ty do that to me.

If you're one of those who read my review rant for Divide & Conquer, you'll know that, while I did love that book a lot, the last ~25% of it pissed me off so much. I was still angry two days after I finished the book. The reason? That kiss between Nick and Ty, of course! Ugh, I was so mad. Thankfully, by the time A&D came out, I was able to go into it with a clear head and not be (as) upset about the whole thing. Plus I knew things would work out fine and there'd be a talk between Zane and Nick. And I was so glad they talked this out. I mean, I never hated Nick (well, I did for those few moments the kiss lasted, but I also hated Ty for that short time so...), but that talk actually made me like him. Yes, what he did was wrong (especially since he did it right after Ty told him about him and Zane), but the talk made me understand why he did it. I mean the guy has been in love with Ty for twenty years! A side of me still wishes that Zane would have punched him, but in the end I think this whole thing could bring Zane and Nick to actually be friends... especially now that Nick helped Zane understand a little bit more Ty.

(But, just so we're clear... while yes Ty said that he kind of did enjoy that kiss, I'm still blaming that on the fact that he was drunk, and that he wouldn't have in other circumstances. And no one can tell me otherwise because I'll never believe anything else. *lol*)

I think the thing I enjoyed the most about this book was how open Ty and Zane were with each other. When you think about the first book, and how they acted with each other, you just realize what a long way they have come. They talk pretty much freely about their feelings (I mean, just look at all those I love yous flying around... not that I'm complaining, of course), and they talk more and more about their pasts. I actually can't wait until next book to see Ty open up to Zane about those ops he had to do. I want to see Ty confide to Zane and no longer hide things from him, like he said he would... even if I understand why he couldn't talk about those things. And I want to see Ty and Zane watch the CD Nick gave Zane about Ty in the military. I just feel like in the next book we're going to find out so much about Ty and Zane, and I can't wait for that!

I also want to mention the awesome sex they had! Is it just me or the sex between them is getting hotter and hotter with each book? Goshh, I didn't think Abigail Roux could top the sex from D&C, but phewww the sex in this book was fucking HOT. I like that there isn't a lot of sex in these books, but when it happens... o.m.g turn off the heating. The first sex scene in A&D was right after Ty and Zane see each other again after a week. It was exactly like I wanted it to be! It was passionate, it was loving, it was hot, and you could feel how much they missed each other in that week apart. And afterwards, when Zane (finally) gave the necklace he bought for Ty in F&C, Ty was so touched. The moment was perfect and so adorable! But the second sex scene.. it honestly deserves like 10 stars! It might be one of my favourite sex scene from this series. Ty was such a tease because of how slowly he was going, and the whole thing was really hot. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I really like how these guys don't need foreplay... they just get right down to business because they need and want each other so much.

Now, about this book in itself. I love road trip books so much, and before starting this book I didn't know that this was one of those. So imagine how happy I was when I figured out what the book would be about! And how freaking awesome was it that it was with Julian and Cameron from Warrior's Cross! The bickering between Julian and Ty was hilarious! I laughed out loud numerous times.

Julian and Cameron just made the books that much more awesome, in my opinion. I love them both a lot and I was so happy to see them again and to see that they still love each other so much. Julian is pretty awesome by himself and Cameron is just adorable, and like Zane and Ty, I just wanted him to be safe. They were a great contribution to the story, and I wouldn't mind seeing them more in the future books... they have to come get Smith and Wesson, after all! Though, I wouldn't mind having those the two cats around a bit longer because they are still freaking awesome!

The only thing I didn't like about this book was that it had to end. I was trying to read slowly so it lasts me longer, but I couldn't! I wish it had like 500 pages! At least the next book comes out in only two months, so there's that to look forward!! But that also mean we're getting closer and closer the the 9th and finale book. Really, can this series have like 20 books pretty please? I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading about Ty and Zane.

Anyways, this book was fan-freaking-tastic, and everyone should read it ! :D

(But, could someone answer this for me: when Zane and Ty see each other again at the airport, Ty looks for something he bought for Zane in his coat. Did Ty ever found that gift and did he ever give it to Zane? Cause I don't remember that being mentioned again... but maybe I just missed it and Ty did give Zane something?)