bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Captive Prince: Volume Two (Captive Prince, #2) - S.U. Pacat I am still speechless a couple of hours after finishing this, so I'll try my best to write a proper review.

This is, by far, my favourite book I've read this year so far. It had me on the edge of my seat, it had me breathless, it had my laughing, it had me tear-up, and it also had me so angry my hand almost slipped and threw my Kindle across the room. But all of these emotions, all the pain this book put me through was oh so worth it.

The author has a way to describe things beautifully: the dialogues, for example, are brilliant. She had a way of making her characters say things without them actually saying it out loud. But you can still guess their intent, the subtext. And every scene is so superbly described, so detailed, yet without it being overdone.

But the characters are the best part of these books. They are all unique and they have their own voice. They have layers; you don't know what to expect from them because they always surprise you. Both Laurent and Demon have stolen my heart. They are so different and wonderful in their own way. You can tell the author has thought long and hard of their personality, of how to write them.

Honestly, this book was breathtaking. I don't even know what to do with myself right now. I feel like any book I'd want to read would be a let-down after reading something like this. All I'm saying is, 2014 can't come soon enough!