bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Dark Edge of Honor - Aleksandr Voinov, Rhi Etzweiler 4.75 stars rounded up.

Look, to be honest, I almost gave up after the first chapter because I had no idea what was going on. In my opinion it's a very weak first chapter, BUT it gets better and better as you read after that. Just to give you an idea of how much I loved this book: I usually avoid science fiction like the plague; before I read this book it was probably my least favourite genre ever, but I read the synopsis and it sounded awesome (and I also recently read Incursion by Aleks Voinov which was amazing) so I decided I'd give it a shot... and now I'm adding this to my favourites shelf. This book made me want to read more sci-fi (again, a genre I used to hate) so that tells you just how great I found this book.

I really liked the whole plot, especially since it's enemy to lover which I am a sucker for. Here, the two heros are actual war enemies both fighting for different sides and it made the whole thing all that more exciting. I absolutely loved the chemistry between Mike and Sergei, from the moment they met there were sparkles flying around. Amazing amazing chemistry and so much passion and love between them you couldn't not want them to get their happy ending. Honestly these two characters did the book for me, but the world building was also great. I have to admit that I didn't understand all of it (i'm a sci-fi newbie after all) but I still loved it.

I would've loved for the book to be a bit longer because I feel like this story could have so much more added to it.. but maybe we'll get a sequel, who knows? Fingers crossed.