bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Hot Target - Suzanne Brockmann I loved this book. It was a little bit too long, but I still liked it a lot. It had everything I look for in these kind of books; suspense, romance, mystery, drama. But I feel like this book was more character driven, so that what I'm going to talk about in this review.

Characters I liked:

Jules. Yes, I'm starting out with him because he was the greatest character in this book. I just love him so much... his character development throughout the book was amazing. I want him to be happy so bad. He deserves all the happiness in the world. There's a reason Jules is the favourite character of this book of basically everyone. He's so lovable and just... fabulous.
◆ Then there was Cosmo. Of course I couldn't not talk about him in this review. Let me just tell everyone that I officially claim him as my virtual-husband. There's nothing else to say.
Robin. Yes, I did like Robin. He pissed me the hell of multiple times, to the point where I just wanted someone to give him a good punch in the face, but I couldn't help liking him at the end of the day. He's a big fuck-up, and an asshole, but I still think him and Jules would be so freaking great for each other.

Character I liked but then I didn't:

Jane. I started out reaaaally liking her. She was amazing and I thought she'd be like that for the whole book. But I ended up being disappointed when I saw her manipulate and use people to get famous, without thinking of the consequences of her acts. She just did what would advantage her, and then she also got mad when she got told what she did was wrong and could end up hurting people professionally. But basically Jane could be likable in some places and then unlikable a few page later. So that's why she's in this list.

Characters I strongly disliked/hated

Patty. Gosh, Patty. So I started the book and the first time she came up I thought she was very sweet and everything. But then when we got to her first POV, oh my Gosh I couldn't stand that girl anymore. The way she was ~in love~ with Robin and the way she kept stalking him was so freaking annoying. Now, I know a lot of (teenage) girls who were like that in high school, but Patty was twenty and still acting like a love-sick puppy. I do think Robin was a jerk and handled the whole situation with her very badly, but at the same time Patty was TSTL. It took her half (50%!!!) to realize that Robin didn't want to be her boyfriend. Ugh, I really could've gone without her POVs, it was horrible to read.
Adam. Oh, Adam, Adam. I really didn't want to end up disliking him because he's part of the other gay couple in the book... but you can't help to just want to shove his head into the wall... multiple times. He's such a man-slut and so selfish and inconsiderate. Robin was right when imitated Adam; "me, me, me, blah, blah, blah". Adam wanted to be the center of attention, and fuck whoever got hurt along the way. Ugh, hopefully I end up liking him later (people did say that he does redeem himself), but right now I only have hate for him, to be honest.

So those are the characters I felt the most strongly about. I'm starting [b:Force of Nature|414642|Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)|Suzanne Brockmann|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1213221469s/414642.jpg|1597663] right now, to see what happens next with Jules and Robin because I can't get enough of those two and their story.