bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Moving in Rhythm - Dev Bentham I liked this book. It was very cute.

I liked how I could relate to Mark because of how human he was. He wasn’t perfect; he had his issues and his fears like you and me. For my part, I could especially relate to his shyness, because although I’m not as shy as he was, I’m still very shy around people I don’t know. His weaknesses and strengths made him very real and easy to grow attached to him, and want him to come out of this story happy.

I liked the slow progression of Mark and Seth’s relationship… They started out by emailing each other, talking a bit about their pasts, and then they moved on to phone calls to finally be together in person. Now, I do have to say that I didn’t quite see the connection between them all the time, because for about 40% (the middle part of the book) they didn’t interact much (except for 3 or 4 emails and a few phone calls). It was more Mark and his sister in law and their friend Claire. I did understand that they were attracted to each other and liked each other a lot, but it was a very big surprise when Mark said I love you, because I couldn’t really understand when did he fall in love with Seth in such a short time when they only talked a few times in person…

Those 40% or so were also pretty slow and boring at times; I found myself putting the book down more often than not.

I would have liked to see more of Seth, because we barely know anything about him even after finishing the book… and it’s the same with Mark too. I don’t feel like I know much about him, except for his anxiety and bits and pieces about his family. I would have preferred more back-story for Mark and Seth’s pasts. But, I did enjoy Mark’s progression during this book. It was a book about him finding himself and accepting who he was. I was rooting for him from the start; I want him to be okay, because he’s beautiful inside like outside, but his social problem kept others from seeing him for who he really was. In the beginning of the book he thought he’d be alone, in the closet, for the rest of his life. But he grew to accept himself the way he was and to come out to his brother. He decided to take the chance with Seth and he did end up happy in the end. I think this story has more of a HFN ending than a HEA, so I would like a sequel, to see how everything turned out for Mark and Seth.