bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
Witch Eyes (Witch Eyes, #1) - Scott Tracey 3.5

I think my expectations for this book were a little bit too high. Don't get me wrong, I really liked this book, but it didn't quite blow me away like I hoped it would. The main reason I bought this book was because I rarely see YA fantasy books in the LGBT category, so I grabbed this one as soon as I heard of it. So yeah, I was a bit disappointed, but it was still a very enjoyable read.

The characters, in my opinion were great. I loved Braden, the main character, a whole lot. I liked how badass and sarcastic he was. I liked how he tried finding out what was really happening in Belle Dam, and didn't let himself be manipulated by any of the two parties involved. I also liked Trey, because although his arrogance did kind of make him look like a jackass sometimes, he does care a whole lot about Braden and tried to protect him the best he could. Together they make a great couple, and I hope everything turns out okay with them, cause the ending of the book left a cliffhanger on their relationship.

I also really liked how the author interpreted magic. I have to admit though, at first it was pretty hard for me to understand how the whole magic thing worked and how did the witches use them and all that stuff, and although I still don't understand some things, I still really liked it nonetheless.

The beginning was pretty slow, and I found myself bored at some points but I kept reading, hoping it would pick up. And it didn't take long for it to do. I liked the mystery side of it and how I couldn't figure out who I should trust and who I shouldn't. The ending did let my unsatisfied and wanting more, so I'm kinda bummed that the second book only comes out in Fall 2012. I'll make sure to grab it as soon as it comes out.