bookishlyanna

bookishlyanna

you'll never see me without my kindle

Generation Kill
Evan Wright
Unhinge the Universe
Aleksandr Voinov, L.A. Witt
Butterfly Hunter
Julie Bozza
The Luckiest - Piper Vaughn, M.J. O'Shea I don't really know what to say about this book. On one hand I did like it, but on the other I kept wishing it was over already. It took me more days to finish it than it usually takes me to read a book. I just kept putting it down and I never really felt like I really wanted to continue reading it. I liked the first 45% a lot, but from 50% to around 65% it was really boring and I almost DNFed it. But after 65%, when Luka got really drunk and ended up at the hospital, it started getting pretty interesting again and it did hold my attention until the end.

The one big problem I had with the book was how Nick kept fucking things up, then apologizing to Luka and Luka kept forgiving him. And it happened over and over. I mean I wouldn't have minded if it happened once or twice, but it happened I think three times and I think that's a bit too much. I'm also still not sure how I feel about Nick. I can't say that I'm his biggest fan that's for sure, because my feelings for him went from dislike to like throughout the book.

But over all, there were some very sweet moments in the books, and Luka and Nick were definitely hot together. I just think the book could've been a little shorter, because some part were boring for me... so I think some things could've been left out.